Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Fabulous Mini-Break

Whoa Nelly! It's been a long, loooong time since I posted anything. I've been busy this spring with work and quite uninterested in blogging. So hi, it's been a while. You look so different! I like your haircut, so cute.

Let us begin...

This weekend I took the weekend off (I normally work on Sundays), in fact I took Friday off too. Nick had a three day weekend as well, so we headed up to Traverse City to my folk's lake house/cottage/cabin/villa. Most of my family headed there as well. It was a nice weekend full of TONS of activities; homemade ice cream, nieces & nephews, games of Taboo, a horrible amount of mosquitoes, pasties, visits with grandparents, MSU Spartans, a non-working church service (non-worker was me! yay!), a trip to the farmer's market, motor-boating around Bass Lake, wine tasting, beautiful views from peninsulas, and just an overall relaxing time far far away from everyday everything.

Here are a few photos. A link below of full album...

Above: We stopped by my alma mater, Michigan State University...here we are at Beaumont Tower as the clarion bells played behind us...


Mosquitoes everywhere! Run!! (Nick carried my nephew Fritz almost a half mile like this to avoid the bugs!)


Vineyards in Michigan? Oh yes! Beautiful ones too. (Tasty wine present as well.)


Trolling around Bass Lake with the boys


Visiting the grandparents...here's my brother Todd, Grandma Ruth Geib, and me.


More photos to be found here! Check em out!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such fun pictures friend!!! Miss you tons! Hope to catch up soon! -Andrea

Krista said...

you guys are just too too adorable.

Jodi said...

too cute! great to see you. ;-)